Bringing in your books is great for both you and Page 2. We get books to add to our inventory that other customers might be interested in.
You get to make room at home for new books and get credit to be applied to your next purchase.
Here’s how it works:
1. Bring in your books for evaluation by store staff. The amount to be credited will be determined by the condition and age of the book, the category and type of book and whether we already have it in our inventory or need more copies.
2. Once we’ve determined the amount of credit you’ll receive, you may use it for purchases that day in the store or save it for future use.
3. Store credit is not redeemable for cash.
4. Store credit may be used for the purchase of used books, up to half the pre-tax price of the book(s). It’s not applicable to new books, non-book merchandise or other designated items.
5. Store credit accumulated under Page 2’s previous owners at its former location is still valid. If you don’t already have a Page 2 store-credit account, we’ll be happy to set one up for you.
6. Other questions? Just ask. And thanks for coming in.
What Kind Of Books Do We Want?
- Books in good clean condition.
- Current hardback fiction, with dust jacket
- Popular and genre fiction (mysteries, science fiction, thrillers, paranormal, romance, historical fiction, westerns). We may not take certain books if we’re already overloaded with a particular author or title.
- Hardcover and paperback nonfiction, in such categories as history, politics and current affairs, biographies and autobiographies, cooking, gardening, transportation (planes, trains, automobiles and ships), true crime, travel, arts and entertainment, art and photography and Northwest subjects.
- Kids’ books, with minimal wear and tear.
- Audio books (unabridged CDs only, please,)
- “Vintage” books.
What Won’t We Take?
- Condensed books.
- Library books.